Thursday, November 8, 2007

Thanks and Gratitude

A quickie, because I'm late for school,

Thanks to everyone who emailed me with messages of encouragement and support. They really did help a lot, and I am feeling a lot better about everything. This only being marathon #2, and me being in much condition, I was so baffled that I didn't feel as wrecked as last year and, as someone pointed out, am confusing "pushing" with "struggling," and began questioning everything.

I am thrilled with my time, and I'm so fortunate that I not only ran a strong race, but that I am physically able to run another one. I never struggled, never hit the "wall," and most importantly I raised $6000 for the Aubrey Fund for Pediatric Cancer Research.

You have all been so supportive of my efforts, both financially and emotionally, I just want to always do my best and make y'all proud.

As for goals, I've got them. Next up for me running will be the 4m Race to Deliver in Central Park next Sunday (although I did consider the Knickerbocker 60K!) Next up for me blogging will be a full race report.

There's a moment from the Men's Trials that stands out for me -- at some point early on, the front pack passed the water stations, and one guy didn't grab his bottle (Cox, I think.) One of the other runners shared their water with him.

Competitors, yet helping each other do the best they can.

That's the running community. I'm blessed to be a part of it.

No comments: