Friday, March 4, 2011

A Confession

I haven't posted because I haven't wanted to take my previous post down from the top of the heap.

People, I have a confession to make.

As I've said countless times, I'll be doing the NYC Marathon as a member of Fred's Team.  I was going to do the Nautica NYC Triathlon on my own, but was inspired to also make the triathlon a fundraising event.  I thought that I'd do it as a choose-your-own and raise maybe $1,000 or so.

Of course, at the last minute (6pm on a Friday) I start my registration process for the Tri with Fred's Team and discover it's a $5,000 commitment.

My confession:  I'm scared.

I don't work for a big corporation, and I don't have a lot of rich friends -- oops, scrap that. I don't have any rich friends. At least none that admit it.  I manage to raise $5,000 nearly every year for the marathon, but that takes six months and involves much teeth pulling.  I don't know that I can raise an additional $5,000.  Please keep in mind that I am the one who gives the fundraising tips for the Team newsletter.

Advice?  Encouragement?   Introduction to Donald Trump?

1 comment:

Squirrelette said...

Remember to ask your friends who work @ large companies (yes, this means me) for the matching grants from their employers. That automatically doubles (well, usually doubles) your pal's donation.