Thursday, December 27, 2007

Florida!

My dearest ones,

Please forgive the lack the blogging, and running. I have been working 15 hour days here at the Caldwell Theatre Company (yes, it's the "-re" spelling!) or, to put it more precisely, the brand spanking new Caldwell Theatre Company's Count de Hoernle Theater. Yes, my home away from home, the Caldwell, has built their own theater after 30 years, and this is the first show that will be in here from start to finish (the current show, "Doubt," rehearsed at the old space next door, but is performing here in the new space.) For those of you who are not regular theater-goers, for a theater to have its own space, as opposed to converting a space into a theater, is a rare and exciting thing. The Caldwell's three previous incarnations have been in the College of Boca Raton, the Boca Mall and Levitz Plaza, where it converted part of the Levitz warehouse (yes, everything in Florida IS in a strip mall) into a theater.

What this means is, I have not only been preparing for rehearsals for the world premiere of "Suite Surrender," but also putting together the Stage Manager's office, which is in boxes here in the rehearsal hall, and also at the old theater, and Lordy only knows where else. So some very long days, with not a lot of time or energy left for running, or much of anything else.

I did get some runs in, however, and I must say, I MISS THE COLD WEATHER!!!! I don't know how Southerners do it! I hate the heat! The first time I got out there, 80 degrees and muggy. Yuck! And of all the places I run, only two of those routes have a public water fountain. A fountain. One. So it's Fuel Belt, a loop run that allows me to hit the fountain, or suffer. I've tried dropping water bottles off, but they're stolen by the time I get there, and I leave them on the out part of an out-and-back. Sigh.

Give me a few more days to get things settled here, and a belated Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukah and Happy Holidays to you, and I will get back in the running, and blogging, swing of things. After all, we do have a half marathon to prepare for!!

much love,
MG

No comments: