Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

It has been raining here for the past two days, and I am swearing by what I said in my earlier post -- until we start training in earnest for NYC 2008, no more running in the rain! Hence, the lack of running. In Florida it's all or nothing -- it's either completely rain-free or the heavens open up, which is what it's doing now. Is it coincidental that today is Easter? I'm sure there's irony there, but as a Jew, I'm at a loss to tell you what it is.

I've also noticed that the back of my right knee has been aching again, which happened to me in October along with the weird hip thing that I thought was tendonitis and yet was not. This is actual pain to the touch, and I am attributing it to two things: my first run after that danged cold was about a mile too long, and my hip is probably a little out of whack. Nothing whatsoever wrong with the knee. It's so strange to think oh, my knee hurts, my hip must be out of joint. But I do the hip stretches that Miri gave me in February, and they make my knee feel better. So maybe a couple of lazy days is all right, gives everything a chance to heal up.

It does distress me that the Nike+ says that my times this week are so slow. I don't know how accurate it is. It could be that the last few runs were into a headwind, or my usual slowdown in the heat, but it hasn't been all that warm here (hooray!) so I've decided the system needs to be recalibrated. Surely there's nothing wrong with me! I certainly don't feel any slower, except when running into a headwind, it's very Marcel Marceau.

In other news, we're a week into rehearsals for TUESDAYS WITH MORRIE. It's a book, a film, and a play. It's everywhere you look! I confess to being the one person in the world who never read the book. The play has its shmaltzy moments, to be sure, but it's a lot less treacly than I feared. Still, there's a lot of aphorisms to wade through. The actors are quite good, and I think the audience will enjoy it. Rehearsals can be exhausting. It's strange how a two-person show is more tiring than a ten-person show. I find myself unable to run in the mornings, I need all the sleep I can get before heading in to the theater.

Spekaing of which, rehearsal begins. Hopefully some running tomorrow, it's supposed to be sunny and mid-70s.

Anon.

No comments: