Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I'm Baaa-aaack

Well, here I am back in Florida. Two pieces of good news:
-as you can see from the sidebar, I am feeling well enough to start running again
-it has actually been COOL down here!
Well, not cold cool, but a cool breeze. More like a stiff wind. It can be difficult to fight through. My first run back, I foolishly tried to do a five-miler because I thought it was cool enough, which it kind of was not -- it was hot out, but the wind made it seem cooler than it really was. But man, that wind. It really pushes you back. And how does it manage to be a headwind both coming and going?

That's one of the reasons for my slower times, also I'm STILL getting over this friggin' cold. I have never had a cold linger the way this one has. It finally "broke" over the weekend, but I'm blowing my nose about a thousand times a day. I swear, my brain has liquefied -- not all of it, just the parts that died the day I decided to go into theater as a profession -- and is coming out of my nose. I'm still coughing and sneezing. You'd think running would help clear out the sinuses, and maybe it is helping, but egads.

The weather is supposed to be rainy the rest of the week, and rest assured I won't be out there in the rain again. Not until we start officially training, in any event. I've learned my lesson, for now, at least.

Okay, I admit it, I watch too much TV. Not much else to do at night. In my grandparents' development we have the worst cable TV system. Tons of sports and golf channels (not my cup of tea,) no BBC America, no Discovery Health, no Sundance or IFC. Since it's not digital cable, we don't have that snazzy guide that lets you see what's on all the channels and what's coming up. My newspaper this week didn't even have the TV listings, and even when they do, they don't list all the channels, and not all the times, only prime time. For South Florida, TV watching capital of the world, that seems kind of wrong.

One homemade commercial that I do miss is the one for the Florida Center for Cosmetic Surgery. It featured many giant-lipped large-breasted women in bikinis emerging from the pool, massaging their men, and best of all, playing basketball (kid you not, in heels and bikinis.) I think the Center was shut down for being completely unlicensed and all that good stuff.

I'm in rehearsal right now, for TUESDAYS WITH MORRIE. It's a book, a movie AND a play. And I should actually start paying attention to what's going on in front of me. More anon.

Good to be back!!

No comments: