Friday, June 12, 2009

New News is Not Good News

Part Two of "Old News" will come soon. This new news is too important.

I literally just found out that Liam has to go back in for chemo starting Monday. Neuroblastoma is a cancer that does not like to let go, and Liam is a tasty morsel indeed. It really sucks because that very special birthday party that I'm going to tell you about in Part Two was Liam's fifth birthday. The exact same thing happened to him last year -- the recurrence of his cancer one month after his fourth birthday.

If anyone can beat this thing, it's Liam, and MSKCC is going to do all it can to help him in his fight.

Please, please, please, keep Liam and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

I hate to be pushy, but if there was ever a time to make a donation to the Aubrey Fund for Pediatric Cancer Research, where the money to fund Liam's treatment comes from, it is now. Please click here and make a donation. Anything you can give will help Liam -- and all the children being treated at MSKCC -- win the fight of his life.

Please pass this blog post around to your family, friends, anyone who might be interested in helping.

On behalf of Liam and his family, thank you all, once again,

Marci

PS: Just in case anyone is wondering, I don't get my marathon entries through Fred's Team. I earn them by running the NYRR races in the previous calendar year. I run with the Team because I want to, and as long as there is cancer in the world, because I have to.

1 comment:

december said...

keep up the good work and fight the good fight marci!! good vibes going to liam!