Monday, April 30, 2007

Still racing, and my first donations are in!!

Sunday was my second race of the year, the Run As One (benefitting lung cancer research.) Another 4-miler. This time I pushed it a little bit harder and managed to shave two minutes off my time from last week's 4-miler. I finished in just under 36 minutes, with an 8:58 minute mile. Still a little slower than my usual race pace of 8:30, but I was somewhat deliberately holding myself back. For the first time, I feel like I am back in the race!

Okay, my first two donations to my Fred's Team effort are up! And they are...
-me (I donated instead of giving opening night gifts to the LION IN WINTER company)
-Curt Hostetter (from that same company)

Hooray! And I haven't even sent out the fundraising letter yet! Soon, my friends, soon...

No comments: