Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I Am A Rock Star!!

As of the writing of this post, there's something wrong with the Buckeye Outdoors site, so that's why you can't see the training on the sidebar. I did about 6 and change on Monday at 6am (ugh,) it took 58 minutes. I went up to the reservoir, did a loop of the bridle path, a loop of the res, and home. Not very hilly, but shady. Didn't really push it too much, it was already extremely humid. Today I was too tired to go out early, and my legs are still aching from the weekend -- not the run, but taping out the floor for the play I'm rehearsing. Since the show is on a turntable, it's actually two sets I had to tape instead of one. I will take pictures today and post them so you know what I mean. Lots of squatting. My inner thighs got a good workout, and they were still not happy yesterday AM. Fortunately, if that's the right word, those muscles don't really come into play when you run, so the run wasn't too bad. Anyways, I need to miss the Team workout tonight because I've got class, so tonight, after school, I will hit the gym for either a quick (but intense) treadmill workout, or a bike ride.

The real reason I'm posting early is to let you all know about a great running podcast that I listen to, called "Phedippidations." It's entertaining and informative. Steve Runner (aka Steve Walker, his real name) features scripted (and non-scripted) bits with his family, gives advice and information, profiles famous runners, and at the end of each podcast, race and progress reports from listeners. I think all the episodes are great, but I might call your attention to Episode 107, "Junk Miles," which features a shout-out to a certain runner from NYC training for Marathon #2 as a member of Fred's Team...

I am a rock star, people!!

1 comment:

Stuart said...

Listened to it today and strummed my air guitar for you...rock on!